Thursday, January 28, 2010

about the homeless

The first part of this week was really hard to get into. I don't normally like getting out of my comfort zone and going to talk to strangers so I was already sorta stressed out about it. We watched movies and talked about the issues of Human Trafficking and I started to sympathize for other people. But what really made it feel like it was a real issue was our trip to Winnipeg. Going to Portage Place mall made me able to look at what a fricken small bubble that I live in most of the time. Until you go out and see REAL people living their lives, it just feels like another subject that we're talking about. Going out and seeing other people in Portage Place actually made me feel really crappy about how little I do to help these people. I just want everyone to get up off their rich freaking butts and go out and start helping out people that are forced to live in these conditions. I can't believe that we just let people just live with only one meal a day, or no place to sleep at night, or other crappy conditions. We need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment