Thursday, January 28, 2010

What are we willing to lay down?

This week I learned more information about Human Trafficking, what happens in jails and more stuff about the Homeless. I was reminded about how every life is so important, and how us the church should be caring for everyone and every situation.
It was really hard to learn more about Human trafficking. It was very frustrating and it just bugged me so much with how people can just do such bad things to one another. It made me sick. During this time I thought about the women in these situations, but I thought the most about the men. I thought what kind of situations made them do this to innocent girls? What things have gone on in their lives? Do they have people who love them and care for them, or are they not getting any love? It really bothered me when in the movie “Trade” the police were involved with the Human Trafficking. How can we stop this horrible thing if authority is involved in it? We also heard about how the government when they know information will not just go to those places where they know sex trade is happening, but they will wait for more information and the right time. A life is a life! What do we have to wait for? It’s such a horrible thing for both sides, no good comes from it. My heart breaks for the girls though. I could never imagine being in their situation, taken from the world that they were living. When I think about this situation, I think about how much these people need to loved, and be shown God’s love!We are the church. We need to be praying constantly for the government, the pimps, and the girls. This is such a huge topic, and it’s hard to think about what else I can do here in Canada, but I’m going to start off with prayer.

Another thing which really bothered me this week was hearing about what happens to convicts in jail. There is so much injustice which goes on there. The prisoners made a mistake in their lives which made them end up in jail; that doesn’t mean God doesn’t love them. We all sin, and God loves each of us so much. Why can’t the guards understand that? It was frustrating seeing how the guards would just beat the prisoners and it didn’t really make a difference if one person died, they got their point across to the other prisoners that they mean business. It was just another hard topic to watch, but made me really think.

This whole week has just made me really think about how I treat people. It also made me think about what if I was in the situation of the jailer, prisoner, sex trade victim or homeless. How would I react in those situations? God has given us, the church, the job of caring for people and loving them, just as Christ loves us. I could say are we up to that challenge? But I don’t believe that is the right question, because loving people shouldn’t be a challenge. I believe the right question is, what are we willing to lay down for these people?

No comments:

Post a Comment