Thursday, January 28, 2010

This Week

Since Monday of this week we have had Hannah Newlin, a marketing consultant from Dallas, Texas join us as a guest mentor for the Cross Current Discipleship Program that I am currently enrolled in. The center of discussion has been around the passage Matthew 25:31-46 when Jesus describes judgment day as separating the sheep and the goats. Jesus will say to the sheep,

"Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." Matthew 25:34-36

We have been discussing socially isolated groups that are in need of food, drink, cloths, care and company. As Christians it is our responsibility to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We need to be reaching out to the people that are imprisoned, starving and being persecuted.

During one of our classes we watched a movie that left a deep impression on me. We watched the film "Trade". It was about a two girls, one from Poland and one from Mexico, that were kidnapped by men how sold women as sexual property in the United States. It was an eye opener because human trafficking goes on in North America. We live in North America! It's going on around us! It really makes you wake up and say to yourself, "why the heck am I not doing anything?!" It's a call to action; to be living like we represent Christ on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment